Famous mobile robots
The robotics group has mainly educational goals.
The design and control of mobile robots allows to put across
the following topics to 2nd year physics students.
Currently we use four robots-controllers (2 MIT-Handyboards, 2 Lego Mindstorms RCX-Modules). Students work in groups of two or three and have to choose at the beginning
of the semester a specific task or project. Beside this project some more simple problems like
building a basic robot with bumpers, which does not get trapped in the corner of room, have to
be solved. Finally all students have to give a seminar talk on a specific topic connected with
the design of mobile robots.
- Basics of hardware design
- Understanding the mode of action of a variety of
- Basics of multi-threaded programming
- Developement of semicomplex systems
- social behavior (while fighting for special Lego parts)
Relaunch in WS 01/02
WS 2000/1 projects